There are a number of different activities in Kefalonia that will enable the visitor to fully immerse into the culture and vibes of local life, enriching their holiday experience to the fullest.
For the lovers of fine wine, then a visit to the
- Gentilini winery and vineyards in Argostoli for wine tasting is a definite must do.
- Charitatos winery and vineyards in Lixouri is also a visit you cant miss when in Kefalonia .
- Sarris Winery in Avithos Beach is one of the latest addition of wineries in Kefalonia has already gotten some great reviews especially anout the Robola Wine.
- For nature lovers we recommend a visit to Mountain Ainos, the tallest mountain of the Ionian, most of which is a designated National Park full of lush pine and fir forests where wild ponies and horses roam free. It boasts stunning panoramic views from its summit.
For the more adventurous, Kefalonia is home to a number of caves that are worth exploring
- The Drogarati caves in the Sami area (24 km east of Argostoli) are a must see and are considered one of the biggest cave formations in Greece. They have a large hall surrounded by stalactites and stalagmites, creating a place of excellent acoustics that is nowadays also used for concerts.
- Melissani is equally impressive is the water cave of also in Sami, with a natural dome above the water pool that allows the sunlight to enter, making the place simply enchanting.
- Horseback riding in Sami is also a great activity as well as donkey trekking, while admiring the wonderful landscapes. For the more active ones, we suggest diving in Fiskardo to explore the magical underwater world of Kefalonia. A popular attraction that is not for the faint hearted is paragliding and aviation flying over the spectacular Myrtos beach. For those who prefer to explore on land, there is
- Canyoning, caving, mountain biking, hiking, 4x4 safari and guided tours around the island. Ask our reception for arranging an excursion to suit your preferences including yacht rentals. Alternatively, you can choose to spend a day in the charming village of Assos, with its striking 16th century Venetian castle ruins, its traditional architecture and peaceful surroundings.
- Animal lovers will also enjoy spending some time at the animal rescue centre of Kefalonia in Argostoli, “ARK Doris”, to either volunteer some much needed help, to donate, adopt an animal or share some love that will be more than appreciated.